Due to its Mediterranean climate, Kaltern’s landscape, with its magnificent residences and castles, has always been characterised by fruit growing and wine making.
Thanks to the favourable location of our house, you can reach the following by foot in 5 minutes:
- the historic village centre with its guest houses, pizzerias, farmers' markets, shops, various festivals and events
- the South Tyrolean wine museum
- the modern wine centre and various wine cellars
- the Wednesday market
- the central intersection of the Überetsch cycle path
- many neighbouring walking routes through idyllic forests, fruit orchards and vineyards
- A bus stop, where you can get to any desired place in Kaltern, comfortably and stress-free, and in the shortest time. These places include:
- Lake Kaltern - the warmest bathing lake in the Alps, a surfers' paradise with a lawn for sunbathing and play parks.
- The Altenburg forest with its high-rope course and various other sports facilities
- the valley station of the Mendel funicular - the oldest and steepest funicular railway in Europe
- the tranquil Spring Valley with the first lily of the valley
- the Christmas market
- And much more...
- by car you have access to many beautiful alpine hiking areas, in less than an hour's drive
- in 30 minutes you can reach the old spa town of Meran
- in 15 minutes you can reach Bozen, South Tyrol's capital, with the well-known Ötzi Museum, the museum of natural history and the many shops under the arches
- And much more!
Kaltern has something for everyone.